CQC is very much outcomes focused, meaning that the regulator is looking to learn:-
- What you have in place to achieve positive and consistent outcomes
- Whether you actually achieve them
- What do you do when you don't
- How do you monitor all this
- How do you ensure this is managed at higher levels
From a practical point of view, you have to be compliant all the time not just March as most practices tend to do and all your staff must understand why they do what they do, always keeping proper evidence of compliance.