A hazard review is a process of identifying potential hazards in your workplace.
Risk Review or a Risk assessment is a formal assessment of that hazard and how likely it is to result in actual harm.
The process is:-
- Identify hazards
- Risk assess so you can prioritise which ones need attention first
- You fix the problem, or take action to reduce the risk
Simple example to illustrate stages:
- Hazard: We spot a loose corner on a carpet
- Risk: Someone could trip and injure themselves
- Immediate action:. We tape it down as a temporary measure, this minimises the risk
- Fixing the problem: Tradesman fixes the loose carpet, this eliminates the risk