If you are a good employer following good employment practice, there is virtually no risk to you. You should only fear this if:-
- You are not following good employment practice
- You are not proactive in training people to be aware of these issues
- You are not observant about how staff behave
- Your staff cannot approach anyone to discuss these problems
- You do not take appropriate action when this is reported to you
You are always at the risk from poor behaviour of some staff, but you can mitigate this if you follow best employment practice and staff know they can trust you to deal with this fairly, firmly and effectively.
|HIGH RISK LEVEL: Political hot potato, low incidence level but high claim value and likely to trend|