Fear of the unknown is the main driving force for legal protection:-
- Tribunals: What if I have to go to tribunals, who will represent me, how much will it cost
- Fear of disputes: How will I handle it, I’ll need a lawyer/expert
- Cost: Lawyers cost over £100 per hour, barristers even more, this protection gives me peace of mind
- Time is money: I can just hand it over to the advisor saving me a huge amount of time
- Tribunals: Never have to worry about tribunals, they’ll defend me, cover my costs
Most of these fears are unfounded. 94% of cases never make it to tribunal stage, 27% are settled and 68% are just dropped (See the myth-busters section)
You can still opt to have legal protection, but you should be better informed and better prepared with what questions to ask and what you are getting.