GPs are the first to be subjected to this process and the questions asked are clinically focused.
The inspector will be armed with data, both yours and others in the area.
The objective will be to review the following:-
- whether you have met targets
- What you are doing to improve
- Your level of performance compared to others
- What initiatives you have taken
The clinical areas covered most commonly are:-
- Cervical smear programmes
- Bowel screening programmes
- Initiatives specific to your CCG area
- Contracts you have bid for