Effective 1st April 2019: This currently applies to GP Practices only
Original Plan in 2018: ONLINE Provider Information Collection
What the CQC said in their Consultation 2
- We will replace the existing provider information return with an annual online information collection. We will ask providers for information every year rather than as part of the preparation for an inspection, and will encourage them to keep it up to date.
- This will be a live online process, rather than a form to collect information in the run-up to an inspection.
- We intend to introduce an online provider information collection in 2018.
New Plan 2019: INTERVIEWS Annual Regulatory Reviews
Every practice rated as Good or Outstanding will be subject to an annual review
- Objective 1: To see if quality of care has changed since the last visit
- Objective 2: To prioritise inspections where there has been greatest change
This review will determine whether an inspection is needed, when the next inspection should be, and which areas they will focus on. Practice Managers and Registered Managers will now have a live telephone interview with their local inspector.